(This page is being updated)
Why Choose Live-in Care?
Live-in care provides an affordable alternative to nursing home care, especially where overnight care interventions are minimal. It offers excellent continuity of staff and is available for short and long term use. The service can be used for the following: -
- Recovery after an illness
- Planned post-operative care support
- To enable the carer/family to take respite or go on holiday
- Ongoing care for both single or couples living together
Why Aster Care?
Aster Care is an established domiciliary care provider in the complex long-term conditions sector. We support people who cannot be left alone for medical, social, or other safety reasons. We pride ourselves on wholeheartedly embracing person-centred care, ensuring our people remain in control of their care. We have an excellent track record in supporting people to get home from hospital or residential homes, and to prevent them from being admitted at all. Many of our staff are trained to a much higher level, carrying out delegated clinical tasks generally carried out by trained nurses. They also have a greater knowledge of complex dementia and other long-term conditions. Here are some of the support tasks we can provide during a live-in service:-
- Personal Care
- Preparation and cooking of meals
- Manage complex medication regimes
- Assist with budgeting/bill paying
- Taking to appointments
- Accessing the community
- Keeping family and friends updated/involved as preferred
- Accessing college/studying
We are regulated by the Care Quality Commission and are rated as Good. In addition, please look at our reviews on Google and Homecare.co.uk to see what our service users, their families and our staff say about us. Please also see the testimonials on this site. Our Inspection Report can be accessed via the Home Page.
- A free needs assessment will be carried out to identify what level of service is required, and to match with suitable care staff both in skills and personality.
- We will devise a person-centred care plan in a simple format that will be approved by the service user/family, updated where required.
- We have a positive approach to risk, drawing up a detailed plan to minimise any risks to tasks/activities, and maximise the enjoyment of life at home.
- Costs will be agreed and we will issue our terms and conditions of service for your agreement.
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 023 92694551 for further information.
Working as a Live-in Carer
Could you work as a live-in carer? Do you have the following attributes?
- A passion for working with vulnerable people and wanting to make a difference
- Caring, considerate, polite and respectful approach when communicating
- The ability to empower the cared-for person to make decisions
- Proven reliability, dependability, with a flexible and positive attitude to risk-taking
- Must be able to commit to working for 1-2 weeks or longer at a time to give continuity to the client. Daily breaks will be allocated between 2-4 hours according to client need
- Have an excellent level of English, both spoken and written
- The ability and right to work in the UK
We offer the following rewards
- We pay £86 per day (£602 per week)
- Free accommodation and provision of meals
- Paid holiday
- Excellent training, including access to Diploma in Health & Social Care levels 2&3
Please see a full job description in our Recruitment Section where you can also submit your CV.